Monday, April 9, 2012

The Yes/No Dilemma

I had 2 light-bulb moments this week and I can't believe it took me this long to catch on!

1. Malakai has been answering almost all of my questions with a shake of the head-up & down and then side to side. I'm just thinking which is it, yes or no?! I finally realized I'm just asking him 2 questions and to him he's answering both of them! For instance when it comes to a drink: "Malakai, do you want water or do you want milk?"He'll shake his head no then yes. Makes total sense now. On the other hand Amiya wants a choice and will verbalize her answer. 2 kids, 2 ways of asking questions.

2. My other light-bulb moment included this scene from Toy Story.
I walked into the room one night when this scene was playing. at the very end Woody yells "YOU ARE A TOY" and throws his hands backwards and kind of hunches over. That's when the light bulb went off. Amiya has been trowing her hands backwards & yelling "WHAT. YOU. TALK. ABOUT!!" while she got the laughing and oh that's cute comments at first, it just didn't look that kind and wasn't the way we want her to respond to things. No more Toy Story for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment