Tuesday, April 17, 2012

immeasurable love

My favorite verse has been Psalms 139:14 since middle school. It has always been a great reminder for me that God created me unique (and different) just like He made everyone else unique and different. Over the last few years, the verses surrounding vs. 14 have also become favorites for me and an awesome reminder of God's sovereign power and love for each and every one of us. We may not understand why we were created a certain way, I think we all have things (physical/health) that we wish we could change, but God created us in our mother's womb before she ever knew we were there!

Psalms 139: 13-16
13 For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.




Our Adoption "process" took approximately 9 months. Today, we have been home for 9 months. The amount of time a woman is pregnant! It's crazy how fast time has flown. While our children are 4 years old, we are still back tracking and trying to make up for all the bonding that a mother and child begin at birth. There's days it just wears me to pieces and I want to sleep for the next 24 hours before I have to do it again. Most of the time I'm just blown away at the blessing these 2 kids have been in our lives! I never dreamed that being a parent could be this awesome (although I do miss sleeping in until noon on the occasional Saturday)!
There are times that we sit together snuggled up on the couch or rock them like a baby and I just can't help but wonder what it must have felt like to be pregnant with these 2 (energetic) babies, did their birth mother have any idea that they'd be so amazing, that they would change a family's life half way around the world?




I can't fathom how God knows and loves each of us so perfectly. Even as we struggled to communicate, it was amazing to me how similar Malakai is to Wes & Amiya is to me. I'm thankful for how He has knit our family together, I never imagined I could love anyone this much. How much more does our Father love us?
     
    "For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die—but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
(Romans 5:6-8 ESV)
  
"For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time."
    (1 Timothy 2:5-6 ESV)

1 comment: