Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rescued by our Small Group

I tend to be an independent person. I want to take care of everything myself and feel like everything is under control because I have a grasp on the situation. There's too many I's here. When we found out about our court date I was ecstatic. With just over a week I thought I can do this, I can get everything together, do it all, it will be fine, people have done it in less amount of time...I'll sleep on the plane. As Saturday and Sunday rolled by and I had barely made a dent in my to do list; still trying to feel in control (and not let on how stressed I was), I was humbled when our small group started emailing about coming to the house to help get things done. I realized I can't do it all on my own, I'm eternally grateful for each and every one of them. I don't know how I would have gotten as much done as they did and still have any sanity left!


We made a to do list on this awesome gift
Don't worry about us voting on how to spell a name!

They made the beds, did a little shopping, sorted clothes, gifts, food, toiletries etc

They childproofed the house, "eyeballed" the grass

Installed car seats in both of our cars and sweated buckets doing it


And might have had a little fun

Andrew, Katie, Deidre, Lauren, Gib, Shannon, Andy, Will, Drew, Jana, Sarah Beth, Michael Lindsay & Tyler thank you so much for being the best small group anyone could ask for. You all have no idea how much you're appreciated and how much you've taught me about selflessness. Thank you for loving on our kids before you've ever met them!

God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment