Sunday, February 6, 2011

Fingerprints-round 3!

I've been reading in Romans some this week & came to this text:
For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now. And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.
Romans 8:22-23


This week has definitely had moments of groaning. Some friends of ours had a court appearance that didn't go as hoped. It was certainly discouraging to read their news but we eagerly wait to see how God will be glorified. I also found out I'll have to drive to Montgomery to get a "Live Scan" of my fingerprints at ABI (Alabama Bureau of Investigation). 3rd times the charm, right?! I'm told that the ridges on my fingerprints aren't defined enough to give them a good print. If I drive to Montgomery for the Live Scan, they'll be able to tell me right away if my prints will be accepted or if they'll have to do a name search. A name search could take up to 6 months to complete & definitely not the route we want to take! And this is just for the State of Alabama, I still have to get fingerprinted for USCIS (US Citizenship & Immigration). YIKES!

I'm ok with process, I understand why processes have to happen but I'm anxious and frustrated! There's 2 children half way across the world that we want to bring home as soon as possible and this part of the process is wearing on me. I just want my approved criminal history check so we can move onto the next part! (said with teeth clinched!)

This is the part where I can do nothing to rely on myself, I must rely on the sovereignty of God and he is constantly reminding me that he is in control even when I don't understand why things happen a certain way. Please pray for our friends the Turner's. Their court date has been moved again-to Thursday. We can't wait for them to go to court, so they can go see our twins!! We can't wait to see more pictures and hear a little more about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment