Friday, January 21, 2011
I'll never forget my first roller-coaster! In 6th grade, my best friend (Andrea) and I went to World's of Fun. I had never been and she convinced me that riding the Orient Express would be "Awesome." I attempted many times to escape out the chicken exit but it just never worked out. I was excited and nervous at the same time. It was finally our turn to climb into the car and off we went- climbing the first very steep hill and then it STOPPED. They were adding a 2nd car to the tracks which meant ours was stuck half-way up the first hill. All my nervous excitement made me antsy, this thing couldn't get going quick enough!
This is how we feel right now. About a month ago, our lawyer sent us a picture of twins only to find out a couple days later that another family was pursuing them and they were much further along in the process. We moved on but told her if anything changed regarding these twins to let us know. We committed to pray for the children and the family who was pursuing them. A few days ago, we received an email from our lawyer that the family decided not to pursue these twins! The boy has some health concerns and after the family had a consult with an International Adoption Physician, they decided it may be more than they can take on as they're also working on an adoption in a 2nd country!
I remembered seeing something mentioned in an online group about the boys health problem, it sounded familiar and I wondered if it could be...I emailed the family to find out and YES! She had all of the medical records from Uganda and was more than happy to talk to us about their consult. They had been praying another family would pursue the twins but did not expect anything would happen this quickly. We shared a laugh, we never expected to be contacted again about these twins!!
I feel like that anxious middle schooler on the roller-coaster again because when I resubmitted my fingerprints, I just had that feeling of ok, well it's a delay, it's going to take us a long time to find kids anyway. And NOW...this process can't move fast enough!! We have friends (the Turners) who leave on Monday to pick up their 2 children from Uganda, they're taking some cloths and toys for us and are going to try at some point to take the boy to the Dr. for some blood tests to see if we can find out more. Another reminder that God's timing is Supreme; the day after we received all the medical information, Dr. Scott stopped by the church and Wes asked him to look at the information. He told him what recommended tests (from the consult) we should have them do in Uganda and what to wait on.
Thanks to all our family and friends for your support and prayers!